Radical Review

I have finally gotten far enough into Radical to be able to write a review on it. I found it difficult to make time for this book--I just wasn't captured by it. Now, this probably has to do with the fact that I have five or six books ready to read and review and I've been working on a lot of other projects.

Without further ado, here is my review:


Radical challenged me to re-think my Americanized faith. Platt showed me that Christians around the world abandon everything just for the Gospel. They put their lives on the line every day to follow the God they love.
They take up their crosses daily.

I certainly don’t live like that. No one I know has faith like that. People in churches today argue about the right music, the right color carpet, the right sound board, the right time to have church service, etc. David Platt challenges all those who read Radical to believe and obey what we have read and what we have heard from the Gospel. He explains that the American Dream isn't compatible with authentic discipleship.

I really enjoyed reading this book--I think Platt is a great author and he wrote the book from his heart. I love books that cause readers to think. I love books that challenge me. 

In the end, Platt encourages his readers to join the Radical Experiment: a one-year authentic discipleship journey that transforms their lives.

In the end, the only question is:

Will you make your faith radical?

Posted by Jane | at 4/02/2012 02:15:00 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment