Giving and Receiving

Last night, I watched the movie The Adjustment Bureau.

Despite not being a theologically sound movie, I did take away a thought that has stuck in my mind. From this movie, I learned that we must give everything we have to get everything He has for us. While this thought seems nice, I considered the fact that someone had said something like it before and I was just now bringing it to mind so I Googled it.

One of the results I obtained was for 1 Peter 1:3 which says

By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.

By coming to know him and by choosing to follow him, we are giving up everything (or at least we should be) and through this, he gives us everything we need to live a life that he wants us to live.

That is what we should strive for: to give up everything to our Creator. In this, we will become a pinprick of light in this darkest of places.

Posted by Jane | at 8/14/2011 01:40:00 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment