God has a Plan

Last year at Bethel, I had a verse pinned on my desk with words highlighted in different colors to draw my eye. It gave me hope through the year and it reassured me that Bethel is where I should be. I still often have doubts, but I am happier than ever that I chose Bethel last year and that I'm going back in just a few short weeks.

Even with the thought of a new year approaching--and the anxiety that comes with it, I can be encouraged that God holds the world in His hands and He has a plan no matter what happens. I often worry about the not-so-distant future: what will I do when I get my degree? what if God has a different plan than I do? what if I fall away from God? what if...what if?

In those times, it is important to run to Scripture and devour it. (This is the time where I need to take my own advice.) May this post be a pinprick of light in whatever darkness you may be sludging through:

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Posted by Jane | at 7/26/2011 11:30:00 AM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God definitely has a plan. Here’s another blog related to this:

http://lightisdarkness.blogspot.com/2011/06/acts-217.html

Linda said...

Beautiful post! God certainly has beautiful plans. We can live them out when we (verses 12, 13)cry out to Him and seek Him with all of our hearts.
Keep up the good work :)

sjr2010 said...

Thanks for reading, Linda. :)

Post a Comment