The Shack Review

What would you do if God sent you a letter and wanted you to go meet Him? Would you go, or would you think it was all a prank? Find out what Mack does when he receives a letter asking him to hang out with God at The Shack.

This book was recommended to be about seven times before I finally had the time to grab it at the library and read it. The opening letter made me really excited to read the book, but then the first chapter had me confused. After I got into it, I was loving the book but still wondering where all the "life changing" stuff was. Well, by the time I was done with the book, I had found the life-changing, tear-jerking parts.


William P. Young really did a great thing with writing this book. I felt like I was right there with Mack, meeting Papa and hanging out with Jesus. This book opened my eyes to the way I think about things, and my faith truly took a change for the better after reading it. I have, and would still, recommend this book to anyone and everyone...especially those struggling in their walk with God.

Posted by Jane | at 4/15/2010 01:11:00 AM

2 comments:

France said...

I do believe this book is the most thought provoking and emotionally stirring book I have read in all my life, and I must say I read 2-3 books a week. This book has inspired me,changed my perspective of God, and allowed me to understand the answer to questions that everyone has asked at one time or another. You will be amazed how simple some answers to the many questions of God and life can be and also be confounded at how little we know and are capable of understanding as human beings. Although this story is fictional in plot, it strikes the fortunate reader with such truth and unbelievable knowledge that makes it impossible to fully absorb the entire message within its pages the first go around. I feel sad that I have now closed the back cover as I finished this fantastic tale, and I want to read it again atleast 2 more times. It has a lot to offer and is a comfort to read. If you have questions for God, I do believe this book can be a place to start looking for answers. Again, I have to repeat that this book was amazing.

sjr2010 said...

Thanks for the comment! I agree on all points; an extremely thought-provoking book.

Post a Comment