Demon: A Memoir; Initial Thoughts


I did not cry until the end.  I was hanging onto every page, every paragraph, and every word until the very last page before the Epilogue.  I could absolutely not put the book down. I was fidgeting and trying to read faster and yet still consume every word until the end. As I read the Epilogue, I yelled at the book. I yelled at Tosca. I absolutely hated the ending until I sat back and realized that I actually did read the end of the story. Just as Clay thought until the very end that he didn’t have the ending to the story, I thought the same.

In the end, there is an end to the story. And in the end, just as the story is all about Clay, the story is also all about me and all about you. I dare you to read this book and not be captured by it. I dare you to read this book and not have your life changed by it.

And now, excuse me as I patch together all of the things I’ve just learned about myself and Elohim. 

Posted by Jane | at 6/12/2010 12:19:00 AM

0 comments:

Post a Comment