Comes a review for Comes A Horseman

I'm not going to lie, this book scared me more than any piece of media has ever scared me before. I literally could not read it at night, nor could I read it in a room by myself. Despite those facts, Comes A Horseman by Robert Liparulo was a surprisingly good read.

I had no trouble getting into the book, the first few paragraphs sucked me in...but by the second chapter, gears had changed....and by the third, the gears had gone in even a third direction.  I really had no idea what the book was about until the last few chapters, I had not connected most of the dots until Brady and Alicia did. Between crazed Norseman ax murderers, insane politicians who believe they are more than who they are, and a heart broken Special Agent, this book walked the fine line between my loving it and my hating it. In the end, I love it...it's just way too scary to read again!

I don't think I'll be reading any more of Bob's books because I can't handle the fear that comes with them, but I would still recommend this book to anyone who enjoys scary books, or to anyone who doesn't have to sleep alone at night.

Posted by Jane | at 6/16/2010 11:28:00 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment