Thanksgiving and Prayer- Part 1

Alright, here we go. Break out the Bible. Don’t groan…just do it! Yes, I’m demanding. Yes, I do mean now. Yes, now. Not later, I don’t want to hear excuses.

Alright, you got it? No, you wanted to try and read on to see what I had to say before you got it out. Well go get it, if you don’t have time now then close this until you do have time. Yes, seriously.

Read Philippians 1:3-6.

So you read it, and you’re saying, “I don’t get it,” in a whiny voice. Well read it again. I mean really read it, try to understand it. Read it word-by-word, sentence-by-sentence. It’s an easy passage, I promise.

Okay, you’ve read it. Now I'll go through it.

3 I thank my God every time I remember you.
Okay, so you’re like, “Duh, Sara, I get that part.” Well, you do, and you don’t. I really do thank our God every single day…every day…really.

4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy.
Okay, it says “all of you” but that’s because Paul is writing to the people of Philippi. And, once again, I really do pray with joy when I pray for you, because I love you, babe.

5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now,
Alright, I’m not exactly sure what Paul means by “the first day” but it doesn’t really matter all that much. But our “first day” could be many days...the actual day doesn’t matter, it’s the concept.

6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Okay, I’m doing this whole thing on just thoughts out of my head and not from a Bible study thing or anything, so bear with me on some of the things I say. I think that “he who began a good work in you” is Jesus, or God…and He will carry it on until completion…which is the day of Christ Jesus…which is the day that Jesus comes back, the Second Coming.
Now that you read those verses, go back and read the verses preceding it. You can read after if you want, but you don’t need to…yet. We’ll get to them. I’m starting out slow and easy for a reason.

Be the light. The pinprick of light in the darkness. The star. Be the star.

Posted by Jane | at 6/19/2009 10:17:00 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment