The Answers

So right now you’re thinking, “Alright, Sara, what the heck is this all about?” Well, here is where I will tell you.
I started with Philippians because I think it’s an easy book to understand, its short, it’s my favorite, and it has a lot of joy. Paul uses the words joy and rejoice a whole bunch in this book, so it's good for all of us. So I just looked up some commentary and stuff on this book, and its all way too much for you to read and it gets a little boring…so this whole thing is going to be just me telling you what I think, I might refer to some notes sometime…just not now.

So how long is this thing going to take? The rest of your life. This is about you and your relationship with God…that’s why I’m doing it. And no, I didn’t get those words from somewhere else…I just came up with all of that on my own. But really, this is about getting you to read your Bible, even if it’s only 4 verses a day, one tiny paragraph. How long is this book going to take? Eh, at this rate it’ll take forever…but we’ll go at our own pace. I’m not going to go through every single verse every single time like I did this time, I’m going to leave some of it up to you.

What’s this going to cost you? Your life. All of it. Every single little tiny piece of it. Give it all to God. Surrender it. I was being serious about that, but what you are asking is what is this Bible study going to cost you. It will be a few minutes every day…I promise it won’t take you longer than 5 minutes to read the passage. I can’t give any guarantee’s on how long the actual study will take, but they will be getting slightly longer.

What are you going to get out of this? Eternal life with Jesus. A better understanding of the Bible. You’ll start praying more. You will understand your faith better. I promise, it’s worth it. And this book in particular will bring you joy…I chose it because it’s like me talking to you.

So how’s this going to work? Well, the original study will be mailed out every day to my cousin...but I'll update this blog every couple days or once a week or whatever…I honestly don’t know. This is just an idea that popped into my head a little bit ago.

Just remember, this is for you. For you, not for me. Do I get some perks out of it? Yeah, but it’s still for you.

Don’t forget that I love you, all of you. Forever and always.

Be the light. The pinprick of light in the darkness. The star. Be the star.

Posted by Jane | at 6/19/2009 10:03:00 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment